Charlotte, NC – August 16, 2017 – The Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation is thrilled to announce the New York Times best-selling authors who will headline this year’s Verse & Vino fundraising dinner. Now in its fourth year, Verse & Vino is a memorable way to reflect on the importance of libraries and literacy, and to celebrate the joy of reading. The evening of prose, wine, food and laughter is expected to draw 1,200 attendees to the Charlotte Convention Center on November 2, 2017.
Radio personality and author Sheri Lynch will emcee, and guests can spend less time in the book sales line and more time mingling with authors by pre-ordering a set of new releases. In addition to individual tickets and book club table sales, we are introducing an individual sponsorship option this year, with exciting benefits. All tickets include a cocktail reception, book sales and signing, dinner, wine and program.
This year Verse & Vino welcomes the following authors:
- Wiley Cash is the award-winning, New York Times best-selling author of A Land More Kind Than Home and the acclaimed This Dark Road to Mercy. He won the SIBA Book Award, was a finalist for the PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize and has been nominated for many more awards. New Release: The Last Ballad
- Nikki Giovanni – poet, activist, mother, and professor – is a seven-time NAACP Image Award winner, the first recipient of the Rosa Parks Woman of Courage Award, and holds the Langston Hughes Medal for Outstanding Poetry, among many other honors. She is the author of twenty-eight books and a Grammy nominee for The Nikki Giovanni Poetry Collection. New Release: A Good Cry
- Jamie Ford is author of the New York Times best-sellers Songs of Willow Frost and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, which won the Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature. New Release: Love and Other Consolation Prizes
- Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell are the founders of Beekman 1802, a lifestyle company with a focus on seasonal living around their farm in Sharon Springs, NY. They were the stars for two seasons of The Fabulous Beekman Boys, and are the authors of three previous cookbooks and a quarterly magazine. New Release: Beekman 1802: A Seat at the Table
- Kate White is the former editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine and the New York Times best-selling author of several standalone psychological thrillers and six Bailey Weggins mysteries. White is also the author of popular career books for women. New Release: Even if it Kills Her
Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation raises funds to help Charlotte Mecklenburg Library deliver on its mission to improve lives and build a stronger community. Verse & Vino is made possible with the generous support of presenting sponsor PNC Bank, first edition sponsors Bank of America and The Charlotte Observer, and many other corporations, foundations and individuals. Last year’s event was attended by over 1,000 people and netted over $225,000 for the Library.
More information about Verse & Vino is available at foundation.cmlibrary.org, and tickets can be purchased online at foundation.cmlibrary.org or by calling 704-416-0800.
About the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation
The Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation exists to help the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library improve lives and build a stronger community.
Created as a non-profit 501(c)(3) in September 2012 in partnership with Foundation For The Carolinas, the Foundation supports the Library’s programs and services through advocacy, fundraising and building relationships with others who share a passion for the Library’s work. The Library Foundation supports library services, expands the Library’s collection of print and digital books and materials, enhances programming for all ages, and strives to grow its endowment for future generations.