Tickets now on sale!
Charlotte, NC – September 9, 2020 – The Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation and presenting sponsor PNC Bank are thrilled to announce the five New York Times best-selling authors who will headline this year’s Verse & Vino fundraising event at 7 p.m. EST on Thursday, November 5, 2020. During the event, attendees will enjoy presentations by authors India Hicks, Megan Miranda, Christopher Paolini, Alice Randall and Christina Baker Kline. The annual celebration supporting Charlotte Mecklenburg Library has been transformed this year into a highly produced streaming event, broadcast over a secure website to anywhere in the world. Ticket packages are available at foundation.cmlibrary.org/verseandvino or by calling 704-416-0800.
This year Verse & Vino welcomes the following authors:
- India Hicks is known for her irreverent take on style and hosted the second season of Bravo’s interior design competition Top Design. New Release: An Entertaining Story
- Megan Miranda is the best-selling author of suspense thrillers The Last House Guest, The Perfect Stranger, and All the Missing Girls, and several books for young adults. New Release: The Girl from Widow Hills
- Christopher Paolini became a publishing phenomenon at age 19. His young adult series The Inheritance Cycle has sold nearly 40 million copies worldwide. New Release: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
- Alice Randall is the author of novels including The Wind Done Gone, co-author of the NAACP Image Award-winning Soul Food Love, and an accomplished songwriter. New Release: Black Bottom Saints
- Christina Baker Kline is the #1 New York Times best-selling author of eight novels including Orphan Train and A Piece of the World, and is published in 40 countries. New Release: The Exiles
“The authors are really the stars of Verse & Vino, and we’re excited to present this lineup on a digital platform because it allows us to add bonus content and interactivity,” says Jenni Gaisbauer, executive director for the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation and chief community officer for the Library. “Verse & Vino is not only an important fundraiser for our Library but also a joyous celebration of libraries, of literacy, and of investing together in our shared future. I can’t think of a better moment to look ahead with a community of friends and supporters.”
This year’s event will once again include syndicated radio personality Sheri Lynch as the live emcee, along with wine, books, learning and laughter. Guests can view the program from the comfort and safety of any location, individually or with friends, family, clients and book clubs. A variety of ticket packages include access to the secure viewing platform as well as a combination of books and hand-delivered party boxes of wine, food, favors and more for groups of ten, or date night boxes containing an elegant dinner for two.
Verse & Vino is a beloved annual tradition and a critical fundraiser for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library. Unrestricted support from private donors has been essential in recent months as the Library adjusted operations and faced unplanned expenses in response to COVID-19. Last year’s event, which marked the start of the Library Foundation’s ongoing CommonSpark campaign netted close to $350,000 for the Library.
Verse & Vino is made possible with the generous support of presenting sponsor PNC Bank, first edition sponsors Bank of America and Southminster, wine sponsor McShane Partners, party box sponsor Lowe’s Companies, Inc and many other corporations, foundations and individuals.
About Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation
The Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation exists to help the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library improve lives and build a stronger community. Created as a non-profit 501(c)(3) in September 2012 in partnership with Foundation For The Carolinas and Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, the Foundation supports Library services, expands the Library’s collection of print and digital materials, enhances programming for all ages, invests in innovative initiatives and strives to grow its endowment for future generations. For more, visit foundation.cmlibrary.org.
About The CommonSpark
The CommonSpark is a public-private partnership to infuse $135 million into improving lives and building a stronger community. The campaign addresses an integrated set of needs: construction of a new Main Library; renovation of a Support Services Center; technology, innovation and programming throughout Charlotte Mecklenburg Library; an endowment for the future and annual Library operating support. For more, visit foundation.cmlibrary.org/commonspark
Media Contact: Melanie Baron
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation